Your voice in the IUAA.
Save the date: Executive Council Meeting: June 5-6 in Bloomington during the Alumni Leaders Conference.
Alumni leadership is vital. You’re always invited to get involved in the governance of IUAA by sharing your ideas with your representatives, or volunteering to serve on the Executive Council or its Board of Managers
The Board of Managers is the board responsible for the Indiana University Alumni Association, a nonprofit corporation chartered in Indiana. This board is one of three university-wide boards where alumni can help shape IU's future, with the IU Board of Trustees and the Indiana University Foundation being the other two.
The Board of Managers is made up of the IUAA executive director, immediate past chair, five officers, six at-large members, and one member selected by the presidents of the student alumni affiliate organizations who must be a full-time student of Indiana University. At-large members serve staggered three-year terms, with officers elected annually. This group meets two to four times a year.
The Executive Council functions as an advisory board to the IUAA. In June 2011, Executive Council committees were established to help shape alumni program and community development. In addition to the individuals serving on the Board of Managers, the membership of the Executive Council include:
- 30 members at large, elected by fellow alumni
- 28 constituent society representatives from the schools on the Bloomington and Indianapolis campuses, appointed to a three-year term by their respective societies.
- Eight student representatives, appointed by campus alumni directors
- Six chapter network representatives, recommended by the alumni communities staff.
- Three affiliate group (special interest) representatives, each appointed by their group liaison or volunteer, and ex-officio representatives from the IU Foundation and the IU Varsity Club
Council members meet twice yearly and most serve staggered, three-year terms. Student representatives serve one-year terms.
How are Executive Council members elected?
The members and officers of Board of Manager officers and the 30 at-large members of the Executive Council are elected by ballot. Ballots, as part of the Indiana Alumni Magazine, are mailed to all IUAA members at their most recent address on file with the Alumni Office by the third Friday in March. Ballots from qualified voters are tallied at 5 p.m. on the third Friday in April.
How can I run?
You can be nominated by the Nominating Committee, or you can submit your name with a petition signed by 100 IU alumni members by December 31 to the IUAA. Contact Rebecca Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.